European Oak is very much on trend now and becoming more popular compared to other hardwoods as it has a unique grain pattern and variability ticking all the boxes for a modern timber flooring solution.
Oak Flooring is a slow growing extremely hard wood timber – which produces a tighter grain and originates from Europe, designed by European Architrects. It is has been used through the centuries as a superior choice for ship- building, barrel coopering, fine furniture production and today for flooring and wall treatment. There are many timbers to choose from which come in array of stunning colours- styles and finishes not only for flooring but also for feature wall panels. Its strong appeal stems from a few key natural features and benefits:
- Very strong and durable (High density)
- Classic authentic look
- Environmentally responsible
- Low maintenance
- Beautiful tight natural grain variations making it a stunning surface
- Environmentally responsible- A naturally high tannin content which makes it highly resistant to insect and fungal attacks, and
- Despite its density, woodworkers will tell you it is very workable. Unlike some hardwoods it can be accurately drilled and cut, and glued
European Oak provides a range of innovative finishes to accommodate the unique Australian lifestyle which includes; weathered, brushed, super matte, aged New York Loft, Coastal, Warehouse, Nordic, Hamptons, Antique Style and Urban. Included below are some variations of finishes, styles and colours.
Its no surprise that European oak is fast becoming the preferred choice of timber favouring the once loved and still loved American oak- Definitely very on trend for many architects and interior designers today! So many options to choose from helping to achieve a timeless and effortless look for any interior!!!!